- Night Vision Infrared Camera
- Consumer Thermal Camera
- Thermal Temperature Camera
- Thermal Security Camera and Fire Scanner
- Automotive Thermal Camera
- Thermal Imaging Search and Rescue Camera
- LRF Module and Portable Laser Rangefinder
- Infrared Detector
- Thermal Module
- Microwave Radar
48Hr Non-Stop Operation! InfiRay® Thermal Imaging Monitoring Solution for High-Voltage Substations
Automatic control and unattended operation of electric devices have become a trend with the continuous development of technology. As the smart grid renovation is now in full swing, monitoring of data, environmental parameters, and images of key devices such as transmission and distribution power plants, substations, and transmission and distribution lines is required to keep track of device operation in real time and respond to emergencies on time. In the substation process, transformers, bushings, cable clamps, disconnectors and other key devices are frequently used with high-level reliability requirements. Once overheating occurs, it is liable to cause accidents and affect the safe operation of a substation. Hence, employing thermal imaging to measure temperature and perform diagnoses 24-7 is necessary to avoid undesired consequences.
I. Pain Points
There are various solutions on the market for measuring the temperature of key devices, mostly contact measurement. The implementation of such solutions involves a large number of wiring and device transformations, and requires considerable construction effort. In addition, once implemented, it is difficult to increase or move the temperature measurement points. The traditional measurement system only serves to provide very basic temperature information instead of more explicit images or videos, thus inconvenient for the analysis and solution of problems. Infrared thermal imaging is non-contact remote monitoring, dispensing with any transformation to original devices. The installation of it is simple and can be done for measuring the temperature of a specific point/line/area, together with alarm linkage, avoiding serious consequences caused by overheating as far as possible and minimizing possible losses.
II. Solution Application
FB2/FB4/PT2 series provide different focal lengths and the choice can be made according to the actual needs. FB2/FB4 camera can be connected with a POE switch for power supply and network access.
Draw the measurement area and set the measurement and alarm rules.
After configuration, use a backend IVS/NVR device or monitoring platform for unified management.
III. System Topology
IV. Solution Strengths
1. Thermal imaging & visible light dual-spectrum imaging enables temperature measurement and monitoring at the same time
2. Multiple focal lengths are available for different monitoring ranges
3. Non-contact temperature measurement, easy installation
4. Wide measurement range from -20°C to 550°C, accuracy up to ±2°C or 2%
5. Point/line/area measurement satisfies various requirements
6. PTZ products support preset point scanning, pattern scanning, patrol scanning and more
7. VMS, a professional temperature monitoring software, is applied, featuring multi-channel view and functions such as temperature statistics and charts
8. Pop-up window/audible and visual/email alarms for early-warning
9. Protocols of Onvif and GB 28181 are supported for secondary development or connection to existing platforms
10. IP66 ingress protection allows for both outdoor and indoor measurement
V. Cases Sharing
1. Monitoring of a wind power company's substation in Jiangsu
2. A substation in Wuxi, Jiangsu
FB432-T Thermal Camera was deployed to monitor high-voltage disconnectors, featuring 4-level alarms and collecting temperature every 10 minutes.
Infrared resolution: 256×192
Measurement distance: ≤4m
Measurement range: –20°C~+550°C; accuracy: ±2°C or ±2%
Thermal imaging & visible light dual-spectrum imaging satisfies the all-weather and 24-hour measurement requirements
Maximum infrared resolution: 640×512
Multiple focal lengths are optional, with a measurement distance of up to 25m
Thermal imaging measurement range: –20°C~+550°C; accuracy: ±2°C or ±2%
Dual-spectrum imaging; maximum infrared resolution: 640×512
Focal lengths of 9.1mm-35mm are optional, with a measurement distance of up to 30m
4-megapixel visible light camera, supporting 20x optical zoom
Thermal imaging measurement range: –20°C~+150°C or 0°C~550°C; accuracy: ±2°C or ±2%