- Night Vision Infrared Camera
- Consumer Thermal Camera
- Thermal Temperature Camera
- Thermal Security Camera and Fire Scanner
- Automotive Thermal Camera
- Thermal Imaging Search and Rescue Camera
- LRF Module and Handheld Laser Rangefinder
- Infrared Detector
- Thermal Module
- Microwave Radar
Vehicle Maintenance Helper — Applications of InfiRay Infrared Thermal Cameras in Vehicle Detection and Maintenance
Infrared thermal cameras play an important role in vehicle detection and maintenance, which can monitor the temperature of a vehicle system, accurately identify the heated fault area and bring about the safety diagnosis and performance monitoring of parts such as body air tightness, window heating wire, exhaust pipe, brake pad, and engine.
I. Main Applications of Thermal Cameras in Vehicle Detection and Maintenance
1. Engine fault diagnosis
Generally, the engine status is checked by vibration and noise tests to evaluate the overall structure, so it is difficult to discover its minor defects. Using an infrared thermal camera to scan the engine as a whole can detect the faults of small components and eliminate potential hazards in time.
2. Brake pad fault diagnosis
Temperature restricts the braking and wears resistance of brake pads. Strong friction can cause the temperature of a brake disc and brake pad to up to 1000°C. Infrared thermal cameras can monitor the temperature trend of the brake pad and brake system, thus analyzing the brake condition and wear resistance of the brake pad.
3. Tire performance diagnosis
Temperature is closely related to the performance of tire materials. Overheating can undermine the performance of tire materials and affect tire pressure and grip. Infrared thermal cameras allow for tire performance detection and are convenient for engineers to do so.
4. Active heating system diagnosis
The heating wire on the rear window of a vehicle can defrost and defog the glass. The overall on-off condition of the heating wire can be detected using infrared thermal cameras so that the driver can comprehensively and quickly judge whether the heating wire is broken to ensure safety.
5. Vehicle air tightness diagnosis
The airtightness of a vehicle affects the air conditioning system. Infrared thermal cameras can quickly and accurately locate the leakage position and detect the performance of the cooling outlet at the same time for timely maintenance.
6. Exhaust pipe diagnosis
The excessively high temperature of vehicle exhaust pipe has an impact on the engine, chassis bearing system, electrical devices, etc. Infrared thermal cameras can detect abnormal changes in pipe temperature to troubleshoot exceptions in time.
III. Unique Advantages of Thermal Cameras in Vehicle Detection and Maintenance
1. Non-contact temperature measurement enables complete scanning and detection of parts, which is easy and quick;
2. Freely select temperature monitoring areas, obtain the point of the highest temperature, and provide high and low-temperature alarms to easily troubleshoot abnormal points;
3. Dual-spectrum fusion allows for a clear display of fault location temperature, helping quickly identify and locate faults;
4. Automatically collect temperature data and generate curves to provide a reference for the development of maintenance programs.
IV. Recommended Models
1. M300/M600 Handheld Thermal Camera
① A 3.5" touch screen facilitates drawing of measurement tools such as point, line, and area and straightforwardly displays abnormal temperatures of key areas
② Dual-spectrum fusion and manual focusing serve to identify small targets, guaranteeing safety for drivers
③ WiFi transmission is available by connecting with a mobile APP for analyzing and sharing temperature screens and data anywhere, anytime
④ With a laser pointer and high & low-temperature alarms, the thermal camera can quickly identify and locate faults
2. C200/C200PRO Handheld Thermal Camera
① A 56° FOV and focus-free design bring a wider field of view to get rid of potential hazards in time
② Ultra-long battery life empowers lasting usage
③ Offline temperature measurement and analysis are available on a PC, meeting the requirements of professional temperature analysis and image optimization, providing a reference for developing maintenance plans
V. How Can I Produce a Thermal Image of Premium Quality?
Please refer to the following suggestions for using a thermal camera to produce a thermal image of premium quality:
1. Select thermal cameras with high thermal sensitivity for scenarios with a small regional temperature difference;
2. Use automatic measurement first, and then enable the temperature width stretch function. Manually set the temperature width to the minimum and include the previously measured temperature range to enrich the image details;
3. The use of infrared thermal cameras may be influenced by factors such as weather, distance, and material type. It is recommended to ensure the surface materials of the object to be measured are consistent and measure it under the conditions of low wind speed and no rain.